Genealogie Bos

This is my English-language Genealogy & Ancestry Blog.
(Mijn Nederlandstalige blog is genealogiebos.blogspot.nl).

15 Aug 2015

Surname Saturday - Van Driel

One of my father's grandmothers is Maaike van Driel (1859-1936). Her surname Van Driel is - like many other family names - derived from a geographical names: Driel is a village near the river Rhine. Many non-related Van Driel families are living in The Netherlands. My Van Driel ancestors lived in Strijen, Holland.

My great-grandmother Maaike van Driel (1859-1936) with her husband Teun Bos and their children.

Maaike descends from Adriaen Claesz van Driel. He lived in a rural area near the village of Strijen at the end of the 16th century. Adriaen's grandfather, Hendrik Aertsz, was a farmer in Barendrecht in the first half of the 16th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read your comments and/or additions to my articles!
Due to spamming issues, all submitted comments are moderated.