In those years January and August 2018 were the months with the most posts (5), followed by July and October 2018, November 2017 and January 2014 (4). 2018 was a productive year!
The most common surnames among my known ancestors are Van Driel, Oerlemans, Spruijt, Brand and Bos. On this blog the most common surnames in my posts are Bos and De Jong, the surnames of my parents.
My ancestors with the most children are Cornelis Bos (1813-1888) and Otto van Driel (1756-1832); both had 17 children with 2 wives. In the 17th century Arij Peijnsz. Hogerwaert and his wife Trijntje Willems had 16 children together.
Ancestors Gerrit Korver and Neeltjen Bloet (±1640-1727) were married for over 66 years. When my ancestor Jan Pieterse Vasen died on 11-8-1702 in Ottoland, Holland, he was "around 100 years old and had been blind for 3 or 4 years".
To celebrate this 6-year milestone, I've updated - in addition to the statistics above - my list featuring interesting genealogy posts from this and other blogs.
Tips & Tricks
- Dutch Genealogy Research Tips
- Sources for images to illustrate your Dutch family tree
- Dutch Naming Traditions
- How to Find Your Dutch Ancestor’s Occupation
- The Netherlands Links at Cindi's List
- Check for improbable dates
- Add an image to your blog post
- DNA and Inheritance explained by Marc
- Find relevant genealogy results in Google by using key search commands
- Find European Ancestors on the Internet
- Links to Dutch Sources on FamilySearch
- Tips for finding Brick-Wall Ancestors
- Mind the Chronology of a Population Register
- Blogging Tips for Newbies and Veterans
- Checklist for starting Research in the Country of Origin