Genealogie Bos

This is my English-language Genealogy & Ancestry Blog.
(Mijn Nederlandstalige blog is genealogiebos.blogspot.nl).

15 Nov 2016

Tuesday's Tip - Check The Women's Ages

The genealogical software I use, Aldfaer, can produce a report showing the women in my genealogical file who gave birth to a child above the age of 44. With approximately 4150 ancestors in my file, it produced a list of 99 women.

What caused those - likely erroneous - ages?
  • Often the cause was that the woman's baptism was missing in the records, leading to a bad guess for the birth year, that could simply be improved to a more likely birth year.
  • A few times I had made typos - causing the birth year 10 years earlier than it actually was.
  • In another case I had to remove the parents: not only was the birth too early, but the children's names didn't match the grandparent's names either, nor was the source a reliable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to read your comments and/or additions to my articles!
Due to spamming issues, all submitted comments are moderated.