Genealogie Bos

This is my English-language Genealogy & Ancestry Blog.
(Mijn Nederlandstalige blog is genealogiebos.blogspot.nl).

18 Sept 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday - My Grandmonther's 1941 ID-card

Recently I received a little "treasure chest" from my uncle Cees de Jong. Among many other papers pertaining my grandparents, it contained my maternal grandmother's wartime identity card:  

My grandmother's 1941 ID-card

This ID-card ("persoonsbewijs" in Dutch) was introduced in The Netherlands by the Germans during World War II in April 1941.


My Little Treasure Chest
I'd never seen a photograph of my grandmother before she was a bended little old granny, so this ID-card is a real "treasure" for me!


2 comments:

  1. Your grandmother's ID card is in very good condition for something that's over 70 years old. You must feel very lucky to have it and other treasures!

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to read your comments and/or additions to my articles!
Due to spamming issues, all submitted comments are moderated.