For example, the image below shows a marriage registration of March 25, 1759, in Zuid-Beijerland, a village also known as "den Hitzert" and located in Holland. The groom is Huijbert van Arkel, a young man born in Arkel. The bride is Bastiaantie int Veld, a young girl born in and member of the church in "den Hitzert".
|Huibert van Arkel originated in Arkel|
Barber and Cornelis are likely the parents of
- Arij van der Giessen (±1752-1827). His parents are mentioned on his death certificate. He was 75 years old.
- Cornelia van der Giessen (±1760-1803) who was married around 1782 to Joost Arijensz. Schippers. She was probably a child of Cornelis and Barber, too, for she had children named Barbara, Aris, Cornelia and Ariaantie.
- Neeltje van der Giessen (±1758-1820) was married around 1785 to Arij Jacobsz. Kleijnendorst. She was likely a child of Cornelis and Barber, too, for she had children named Cornelis, Jacob, Pieter and Barbera.
- Cornelis Cornelisz. van der Giessen (±1755-1809) is likely one of their children, too, because his patronymic is Cornelis and his eldest daughter was named Barbara like his mother. This Barbara was married to my paternal ancestor Cent Leendertsz. Bos (1787-1869).
- Pieter van der Giessen (±1763-1817). His parents are mentioned on his death certificate. He was 54 years old.