When doing genealogy, I occasionally use ChatGPT to create images to beautify my family tree. This blog post is about how ChatGPT can convert modern images into drawings that show what it used to be like.
Strijen
In the first example, I used a photograph I had taken of the old Saint Lambertus church in Strijen. The building to the left was build in the 20th century, so it had to be removed.
Thus, I asked Chat GPT: "Can you transform the photo into a drawing with pastel colours? Can you remove all the poles, lampposts, and posts? Also remove the leaning building on the left. Can you focus on the church complex of buildings, and blur the background? Thanks!"
In this case I manually fixed the dark little door in the middle, because ChatGPT had messed it up.
|
![]() |
|
| My photograph of the church in Strijen | The church of Strijen with AI |
Barendrecht
In the second example, I used an old photograph of the village of Barendrecht. The lamppost was way too modern, and had to be removed.
Thus, I asked Chat GPT:
"Hi, can you turn this photograph into a nice drawing? Can you remove the lamppost? Give it a bit of pastel colour? Thank you."
In this case I did a follow up with
"Can you remove the boy in the middle of the picture?"
![]() |
| Old photograph of the village of Barendrecht |
![]() |
| Barendrecht with AI |




No comments:
Post a Comment
I'd like to read your comments and/or additions to my articles!
Due to spamming issues, all submitted comments are moderated.